Requesting Breakdown of IELTS Score
Write an email with the following content, using your own information, which can be easily found on your test center’s portal.
Send it to
- British Council: IGDisclosures@britishcouncil.org
- IDP: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dear British Council,
My name is NGUYEN DANG QUANG. In accordance with the GDPR, I am writing to ask for a breakdown of my IELTS scores for the following exam:
- Test Date: Sunday, May 22nd 2022
- Reference: A3-VN028-S-7603215
- Test Report Form(TRF) Number: 22VN004795NGUD028A
- Test Centre Name and Number: British Council – VN028
- Test Centre Address: Floor 1, Viettel Building, 285 Cach Mang Thang Tam, Ward 12, District 10, Vietnam – IELTS on computer
- Areas of the test I would like all stored information about: Listening, Reading, Writing, and Speaking
I have also attached a copy of my ID so that you can confirm my identity, but please do not hesitate to contact me if you need any other information to process my request.
I waited nearly 80 days for my breakdown, so be patient. I believe these organizations store our information for at least 2 years. This means you can still request your data if you took the test last year.
P.S. I learned to do this from several posts on Facebook and made some corrections e.g. “confirm my identification” should be “confirm my identity”.